Are you a real expert in the arts of NONSENSE, love wargaming in general (Blood Bowl in particular), and would like to be a regular contributor to the MMN? We might have a spot for you! Tell us what's on your mind... (Contact)



sexta-feira, 22 de março de 2013

Snotlings? Really?

I made a chaos team, the Death Valley Destroyers, to play my best friend Rich.
I'm suffering with a broken back (in 2 places) and Rich came over to have a game and cheer me up, problem was, he bought his snotling team...
Now, what you think of as a ogre team with snotlings, and what rich is tinkering with, a snotling team, are very different animals.

The team, as it appeared in Citadel Journal, is 0-4 Trolls and Snotlings.
I don't remember how the roster entry is worded, but the snots have the ORIGINAL titchy rule, i.e. after placing the first 11 on the pitch, roll 1d6-1 EXTRA Snots.
That's potentially a lot of the little green buggers.
Now, I like "unofficial" rosters. I think, as long as they are balanced (I know, I know), the more the merrier.
That being said, this snotling team is tough. and no mistake.
I won't go through a play by play, because that's not the point of this blog post (and I lost), but I'll give you a few highlights.

I kicked to rich on the first turn.
He used 3 Trolls and 8 Snots. Then he rolled for the EXTRA snots and got a 6, so 5 more on the pitch for a total of 11. Even at ST 1, that's a lot of the little pains.
His Trolls didn't do much but stand around and pick their noses, but Rich threw a 3 die block against my mino and not only he went down, he got KO'd. You read that right!
He did'nt even attempt to cage up. and since he rolled pretty good for extra snots most of the game, he just flooded my backfield with the snots, so I was dodging a lot (and failing a lot).

The final result was 3-1 and it was'nt even close. Too many dodges, and there are rules for "pogo snots" that he did'nt use. That may have given him even more touchdowns.
It was a fun game, but I don't know about how the snot team would hold up in league play.
They break easy, but cost little.

2 comentários:

Paul O'G disse...

That sounds like a hoot of a team to play!

Axtklinge disse...

That's a LOT of snotlings in one single pitch!
Sounded like a fun game, and I bet 'casualty count' was in your favour despite what happen to the mino!
:)